- minimum of 150 words,each
- 1. Discuss the reasons why Americans were drawn to expansion in the late nineteenth century.
- 2. What were the origins and goals of the “new feminism”?
3. Read Chapters 17 and 18 as well as the If I Were a Man information by Charlotte Perkins Gillman. Once all reading is complete, respond to the following items:
- What things most surprised Mollie-as-Gerald?
- What point was Gilman making in this story?
- What did she identify as the gender inequalities of the day?
- Do the stereotypes concerning women that Gilman illustrates in this piece exist today? If so, provide an example.