Each question is worth 5 points.
1. After reading the “Willy-Nicky” telegrams, what appear to be the deeper causes of World War I?
2. Based on your reading of the “Willy-NIcky” telegrams, could the war have been stopped? Why wasn’t it? Explain.
3. Consider the anti-German mposter on p. 868. What feelings does this poster attempt to provoke in viewers?
4. Take a look at figures 24.5 and 24.6. What images of women do these posters portray? What feelings do they invoke?
5.In figure 24.7, the poster asks Americans to support Armenian refugees from the Ottoman Empire in their question for a new country, Armenia. What emotional response does this poster provoke?
6. Based on your reading of the Senegalese soldiers memories, how did the war change the lives of the Africans who were involved? What hardships and triumphs did they face? Give examples.
7. How did the war change the relationship between the French and the Senegalese?