I need answer of the following assignment as per provided instructions. Must address both part in separate word documents. Must answer every step properly. Must provide 100% original answer.
This assignment is based on a tribe you selected (I selected Navajo tribe). Research on your selected tribe using the provided database of university and websites, and address the following deliverables of part 1 and part 2. Each part must be answered in a separate word document.
Part 1 (complete 2 pages)
For this part, include the links to at least three articles that you will use to find information about your tribe of choice (I selected Navajo tribe). These articles must come from the links provided below ( see guideline 1). This will include summaries of the articles you intend to use for your presentation. Summaries should include the title of the article, the author, where you found the article (which database or ebook), and a few sentences explaining what information you found in each article.
Also, include the links to at least three websites where you have found information about your tribe. The websites must adhere to the guidelines for choosing websites as described below. Suggested websites are also included in the instructions below (see guideline 2). You must include a few sentences explaining what information you found in each website.
Must begin your research of articles using the following Saint Leo University online library ebook links. Just type the name of your chosen tribe into the search window.
Credo Reference: http://www.xreferplus.com.ezproxy.saintleo.edu/search.do?query=sioux&view=facet
Encyclopedia of U.S. Political History: http://library.cqpress.com.ezproxy.saintleo.edu/usph/
Encyclopedia Britanica: http://www.britannica.com.ezproxy.saintleo.edu/
To find information from websites, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- You must use only websites ending in “.org” or “.edu” or “.gov unless you receive special permission from your instructor to use a “com” website (e.g., nytimes.com, intertribal.net, etc.). Special permission will be granted only if the website comes directly from (is published by) the tribe you are studying or if you are using a site similar to LegendsofAmerica.com.
- It is important that you do not use “.com” sites for a project of this nature as it is very difficult to verify the source of the information you are reading.
- You must not use Wikipedia for information about your tribe. You can use Wikipedia or Wikimedia for images or maps related to your tribe.
Below are links to some suggested websites that can help get you started:
Legends of America: Native American Legends (tribes) http://www.legendsofamerica.com/na-tribes.html
Bureau of Indian Affairs http://www.bia.gov/
University of Washington Library http://guides.lib.washington.edu/content.php?pid=87308&sid=649463
Source for Native American tribes, languages, maps, etc. http://www.native-languages.org/languages.htm
Information about individual tribes from the American Indian Environmental Office (EPA) http://www.epa.gov/tp/whereyoulive/tribes-a-z.htm
Links to tribal pages and information for various tribes http://www.intertribal.net/nat/natribes.htm
Library of Congress images of Native Americans listed by tribe http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/award98/ienhtml/tribes.
Part 2 (50 words for each questions, Use only sources of Part 1)
For your selected tribe (I selected Navajo tribe), Answer the following question in minimum 50 words EACH. Must use the sources of Part 1 only in references and cite it in APA.
- Where did this tribe originate?
- Where is this tribe now located?
- Provide a map showing the movement of this tribe from its place of origin to its present location or locations.
- About how many members of this tribe remain?
- What are the living conditions of this tribe?
- How would you define “success” in relation to Native tribes today? In other words, what factors would need to be present within the tribe for you to define the tribe as successful?
- If the tribe is not faring well, what specific issues are now affecting this tribe?
- What do you think should be done to address this tribe’s problems so that it might become successful? Are there any negative results that could result from your proposed solutions?
- If the tribe is faring well, what factors have contributed to its success? Are there any negative effects that have resulted from the tribe’s success?
Format requirements of Questions answers:
- · Must address all questions or requirements above with reliable and appropriately documented information.
- · Must show evidence of critical thinking
- · Must include photos.
- · Must include at least one map.