I’m studying and need help with a Accounting question to help me learn.
Option #2: Cost Identification within the Manufacturing Process
Find the website for a beverage manufacturer/packager that describes the manufacturing process. Then use Microsoft Word to complete the following requirements:
- Identify the company, its website and what it produces/packages.
- BRIEFLY outline or flowchart the production process.
- Define cost object and identify the cost object in the selected company’s process. (There may be more than one but stick to one for this assignment.)
- From the process outlined in step 2, identify and list 15-20 costs incurred in the process (e.g., maintenance on machinery).
- Using the cost object identified in step 3, group the identified costs into the following categories: direct variable, direct fixed, indirect variable, or indirect fixed cost.
- Conclude your assignment by explaining what each category of costs is used for in calculating the costs of goods manufactured.
In your analysis, include the following:
- An introduction (#1),
- Requirements # 2 – 5, and
- Conclusion (#6).