I’m working on a Law exercise and need support.
The purpose of this paper is to demonstrate your understanding of crime prevention programs and the role crime prevention plays in the overall criminal justice system. You may select a crime prevention program that addresses issues in law enforcement, the courts, or corrections; or it may be a comprehensive program that addresses all three. The program may address the adult justice system, juvenile justice system, or both.
For the purposes of this assignment, assume you are preparing a proposal to a city, county, or state governmental body to recommend the implementation of a crime prevention program within their jurisdiction. With support from academic literature (both scholarly and credible sources), demonstrate the value of the crime prevention program and its effectiveness in reducing crime, which in turn will reduce the overall costs to the jurisdiction and justify the additional expenditures to the community.
In your proposal,
- Summarize the jurisdiction (i.e., city, county, or state) and the portion of the criminal justice system your proposal is designed to address.
- Analyze the data from three similar jurisdictions (comparable cities in population size).
- Compare the data to national data current trends utilizing the SARA model and the Problem Analysis Triangle. (Note: Crime Analysis for Problem Solvers in 60 Small Steps (Links to an external site.), Steps 7 and 8).
- Evaluate the appropriate crime prevention strategy for the jurisdiction based on this analysis.
- Examine academic literature and studies on the various crime prevention programs to address the needs of the community.
- Describe how the crime prevention program addresses social justice issues of the community.
- Analyze the various programs showing their effectiveness in comparable jurisdictions.
- Propose a funding strategy for program implementation.
- State anticipated outcomes, both short and long term.
- Assess how the crime prevention program affects social justice within the community.
The Crime Prevention proposal
- Must be eight to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.)as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.