I need an explanation for this Writing question to help me study.
As a student in the 21st century, your access to information is virtually limitless. Access to limitless information, however, carries with it an inherent challenge: Information resources on the Internet are vast, and new tools such as blogs, wikis, and/or social networking sites have created a culture of self-publishing. In other words, individual writers must no longer wait for qualified editors of print journals or magazines to evaluate and approve the publication of their articles. Today, anyone with internet access can self-publish. So, mixed in with respected virtual universities, such as Walden University, and credible sources for high-end scholarly literature, such as Google Scholar, there are countless other sources of information “pretending” to convey scientific/research-based information. As a critical consumer of research in this networked world, you need to be able to distinguish between valid and credible research information and unsupported or poorly conducted pseudo-science.
In preparation for this discussion, first review a selection of the web pages listed in the resources. Then, visit several web resources related to early childhood and determine the credibility and quality of these resources, using the guidelines provided in the resources.
By Day 3
- The link to one electronic resource (web page, online article, etc.) that presents information about the early childhood field which adheres to accepted standards/guidelines regarding quality research and/or scientific information
- A summary of three specific ways in which criteria of quality are met by this electronic resource
- The link to one electronic resource (web page, online article, etc.) that presents information about the early childhood field which does not adhere to accepted standards/guidelines regarding quality research and/or scientific information
- A summary of three specific ways in which criteria of quality are not met by this electronic resource
- Citations of the electronic resources you used as examples, in correct APA format
- Any new thoughts/ideas/insights into validating the credibility of online information that were generated by this assignment.