Subject: Business / Finance
Business Analysis and Valuation
FINA 305-15B HAM
FINA 305-15B TGA
Estimating Hugo Boss’s Equity Value
Hugo Boss AG is a German designer, manufacturer and distributor of men’s and women’s clothing, operating in the higher end of the clothing retail industry. During the period 2001–2008, the company consistently earned returns on equity in excess of 18 percent, grew its book value of equity (before special dividends) by 5.5 percent per year, on average, and paid out 65–70 percent of its net profit as dividends. In 2008, the company paid out a special dividend of €345.1 million. Consequently, the company’s book value of equity decreased from €546.8 million in 2007 to €199.0 million in 2008.
On April 1, 2009, one month before the publication of the first-quarter results, when Hugo Boss’s 70.4 million common shares trade at about €11 per share, an analyst produces the following forecasts for Hugo Boss.
Assume that Hugo Boss’s cost of equity equals 12 percent. Consider the following issues in your assignment:
1. Calculate free cash flows to equity, abnormal earnings, and abnormal earnings growth for the years 2009–2011.
2. Assume that in 2012 Hugo Boss AG liquidates all its assets at their book values, uses the proceeds to pay off debt and pays out the remainder to its equity holders. What does this assumption imply about the company’s:
a. Free cash flow to equity holders in 2012 and beyond?
b. Abnormal earnings in 2012 and beyond?
c. Abnormal earnings growth in 2012 and beyond?
3. Estimate the value of Hugo Boss’s equity on April 1, 2009, using the above forecasts and assumptions. Check that the discounted cash flow model, the abnormal earnings model, and the abnormal earnings growth model yield the same outcome.
4. The analyst estimates a target price of €20 per share. What is the expected value of Hugo Boss’s equity at the end of 2011 that is implicit in the analysts’ forecasts and target price?
5. Under the assumption that the historical trends in the company’s ROE (i.e., approximately 18 percent), payout ratio (70 percent) and book value growth (5.5 percent) continue in the future, what would be your estimate of Hugo Boss’s equity value-to-book ratio before the company paid out its special dividend? How does the special dividend payment change your estimate of the equity value-to-book ratio?
6. The analyst following Hugo Boss estimates a target price of €20 per share. Under the assumption that the company’s profit margins, asset turnover, and capital structure remain constant after 2011, what is the terminal growth rate that is implicit in the analysts’ forecasts and target price?
7. Using the analyst’s forecasts, estimate Hugo Boss’s equity value under the following three scenarios:
a. Hugo Boss enters into a competitive equilibrium in 2012.
b. After 2011, Hugo Boss’s competitive advantage can only be maintained on the nominal sales level achieved in 2011.
c. After 2011, Hugo Boss’s competitive advantage can be maintained on a sales base that remains constant in real terms.
8. Using the analyst’s forecasts, estimate Hugo Boss’s equity value under the assumption that the company’s profitability gradually reverts to its required level (i.e., AEt = 0.75 × AEt-1) after the terminal year.( u only need to answer these two question)
Notes for the assignment:
1. Please do not submit Excel workouts only. Word documents with excel results pasted in the body of text or attached in the Appendix are welcomed. Showing the procedure by which you achieve each item will help to maximise your mark.
2. An essay-style analysis report is recommended. This means there are different sections in your report, which contribute to a complete, cohesive, and coherent story about equity value of Hugo Boss. All the questions should be addressed in your report. Your report should at least include an introduction, a body of analysis and results, and a conclusion. You can show the procedure and the models through which you obtain answers for each question in your section of analysis and results. Please do not simply answer the questions one by one in your report.
3. Please refer to the paper outline about policy of assignment group.
4. Late submission of any assessments will not be accepted and will not be marked unless there are grounds for special consideration which normally means health or bereavement.
. WITH BEST Nursing Writers .
The post Estimate the value of Hugo Boss’s equity on April 1, 2009, using the above forecasts and assumptions. Check that the discounted cash flow model, the abnormal earnings model, and the abnormal earnings growth model yield the same outcome. appeared first on BEST Nursing Writers .
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Estimate the value of Hugo Boss’s equity on April 1, 2009, using the above forecasts and assumptions. Check that the discounted cash flow model, the abnormal earnings model, and the abnormal earnings growth model yield the same outcome. appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.