First watch the PBS video:
Choose one of the questions below for your initial post. In your two peer responses, be sure to respond to at least one student who answered a different question from you. Your answers should come from your textbook, the lectures, videos, and the research you conducted in the APUS Library.
One of the two peer responses must be to a question that was different than your own.
1) Give detailed, analytical examples of how the ex-slave society tried to stop the advancement of African Americans after the Civil War.
2) How did African Americans respond to the end of slavery and the realities of freedom? How did southern whites respond to the loss of their slaves and the slave-based economy?
3) Analytically describe the debate in Congress over Reconstruction. What was the result? How did the laws and policies passed affect the South?
4) Analyze and explain why Reconstruction ended.
5) What role did the KKK and the Red Shirt militias play in southern politics during the 1860s and 1870s?
Finally, at the end of your post please comment in one paragraph on what you have learned that was new, surprising, and interesting. .
Some recommended sites for sources:
Special Field Order No. 15, at the Freedmen & Southern Society Project at the University of Maryland
300 WORDS FOR INITAL POST
100 WORDS FOR THE FIRST RESPONSE
100 WORDS FOR THE SECOND REPONSE
MAKES RESPONSE ON 2 DIFFERENT QUESTION FROM WHAT YOU WROTE THE INITAL DISCUSSION ON.