The Heart of Darkness is one of the great literary criticisms of Imperialism in Africa. Marlow, the main character, is originally fascinated by the possibilities that exploring Africa has to offer a young man seeking his fortune and a name for himself, but he later becomes disillusioned with the process. Discuss why Marlow originally had faith in Imperialism, but then came to regret his participation in it.
- Your response should be at least 750 words in length
- Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer
Three common types of plagiarism you need to be aware of as a student:
- Recycling a paper; “double-dipping”; self-plagiarism: Reusing a paper you have written for a previous course
- Copying directly from a source without proper quotations or paraphrasing: When you try to pass something off as your own work
- Not using proper citations