I’m stuck on a Management question and need an explanation.
The organization that I chose is Amazon. I have attached the required templates for this assignment.
To complete this Assignment, write a 3- to 4-page paper addressing the following:
First, using the required template, conduct a SWOT analysis for your organization’s HR, identifying their internal strengths and weaknesses, along with the external opportunities and threats (Note: Assumptions may need to be made based on company background available).
- Next, identify your organization’s top 3-5 business strategies (assumptions and critical thinking will need to be used).
- Conduct an HR Gap Analysis and identify what HR strategies are in place to support the key 3-5 strategies of your chosen organization. In contrasting current HR strategies against the key strategies of that organization, gaps will likely be identified.
- Since strategies are rarely made public, since competitors would find that very helpful to them, you will need to make assumptions about what they are, and you can do this based on the company’s website and their 10-k Form (https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html).
Note: To find a particular company’s Form 10-K filings, use the Company Search for the SEC’s EDGAR database. On the returned listing of filings for the company, enter “10-K” in the Filing Type box near the top of the page to filter for only Forms 10-K that have been filed.
- These gaps in HR strategies are needed to support the company’s planned direction as depicted in their key strategies, and will, together with the findings of the SWOT analysis, become the new HR strategies in the next HR Operating Plan.
- Discuss the HR SWOT and Gap analyses and present each as a Matrix in the Appendix:
- Appendix A: 1-page Gap Analysis Matrix as a Table with 3 columns (Organizational Strategies written as strategies, HR Strategies also written as strategies, and HR Gaps). within that discussion which you refer to. *A strategy is written as a single sentence with an action verb showing movement (e.g., to improve, to increase, to implement, etc.). Discussion occurs only in the paper, not in the Matrix.
- Appendix B: 1-page 4-Quadrant HR SWOT Analysis using the provided Template addressing Internal HR strengths and weaknesses, and external opportunities and threats. * Discussion occurs only in the paper, not in the Matrix. This Gap Analysis Matrix will become an Appendix (Appendix A) in your final Human Resources Operating Plan.