I’m working on a Computer Science exercise and need support.
IT261-1: Configure a desktop operating system.
To engage you in the process of acquiring knowledge regarding the procedure for downloading or upgrading a desktop operating system and to enable you to identify the challenges a user may encounter when installing virtualization software. Your process should be comprehensive, demonstrating technical writing skills and self-awareness about steps needed to have a successful download or upgrade of an operating system. The assignment has to be in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization.
Use your favorite search engine (e.g., Google®) and the course resources (e.g., lab videos, ebook) and conduct research before creating this document.
In this Assignment you will submit a document that demonstrates that you understand how to install Windows 10 in a virtualized environment and how to configure various options. Use the Snipping Tool™ program, or any other appropriate screen capture program, to capture all of the screenshots.
Take a look at the following steps needed to complete this Assignment. Please see the grading rubric below. When you have completed the Assignment, submit your document to the unit Dropbox.
- Explain the purpose of the host operating system.
- Describe the process of configuring your system for the Windows 10 installation.
- Explain the amount of memory you need to have before installing Windows 10 as your current operating system.
- Include two screen captures of the installation process plus one last screen capture of the Windows 10 Start/Welcome screen (a total of 3 screen captures).
- Explain any parts of the installation that could be confusing or challenging for a novice user.
- Explain the purposes and uses of virtualization software and virtualization.
Here are the paper requirements:
- Include a cover page.
- Include a separate page with the title “References” as the last page in the Word document.
- Include the screenshots in the body of the paper.
- Use Font Times New Roman or Arial 12 pt. Double spacing is required.
- Include any sources you used for your research.
The paper is due by the end of the unit.
In your paper you must demonstrate knowledge of this week’s topic(s). Your goal is to demonstrate to your professor that you understand this material.
The paper must be written in your own words. APA style formatting, a cover page, and a reference page are required. Cite all references used and include them on the reference page.
How to reference a website in APA style
Structure: Last Name, F. (Year Published). Article title. Retrieved from URL
Example: Young, A. (2015). More on operating systems. Retrieved from www.os.com
How to cite a source in APA style
Structure: (Last Name, Year Published).
Example: (Young, 2015).
For more information on APA style formatting, go to APA Style Central under Academic Resources of this course or visit the Writing Center.