Write an analytical essay based upon the prompt and set of documents below and upload completed work into Blackboard through the link below.
- Must use evidence from ALL of the primary source documents below and may use evidence from other primary and secondary materials in Units 1 and 2. Any essay not making use of evidence from all of the primary sources will be assessed a one letter grade penalty..
- 2-3 pages in length, 12 point type, double-spaced, 1 inch margins
- Analytical, rule of three, style
- You should have at least 9 footnotes (parenthetical cites are not allowed) in the modified Turabian style used in this course (see Guide to Citation Style). Anyone not footnoting will loose from one-half to a full letter grade and may end up plagiarizing (at which point you will earn a 0 for the assignment and your work sent to Student Conduct (we are serious about plagiarism).
- Do not merely paraphrase other work (whether cited or not) as this is poor scholarship and does not reflect your thoughts and your analysis.
Write an essay based upon the documents below (and any other sources from the course that you may wish to use) upon the following prompt:
Analyze the methods white Americans used to control (forced integration or segregation) minority groups (African Americans, American Indians, Hispanics and Chinese) in the late 19th century and how these minority groups responded.