I’m stuck on a Social Science question and need an explanation.
Task: To compose a biography of a rock artist, or band with specific parameters that you might be given if your bio were to be published in Rolling Stone, or a similar magazine.
A. Source Material: You are required to use at least two credible websites to source the information for your biography. You will need to use an additional website to source and cite a photograph of your rock ‘n’ roll artist, or band. (minimum 3 sources!)
B. BIOGRAPHY: Select a rock ‘n’ roll band, or solo artist (not a DJ!) and, in your own words write a biography. You must use at least two credible websites to source the information for each of the points listed in the criteria below to include in your bio. Your bio must be a minimum of 400 words, and no longer than 600 words to replicate what you might read in a popular music magazine. Your bio must read smoothly (not just a list of points) and promote the style of a popular music magazine. Consider me the editor deciding whether, or not, to publish your submitted biography.
Biography Criteria (45 points) – Your bio MUST include:
1. The name of your chosen band, or artist on a title page. (1)
2. A photograph of your chosen band, or artist on the title page. (2)
3. Where your band / artist is from? (6) Be sure to include:
(b) state, and
4. List (a) the official members of the band and (b) the instrument they each play? (4)
5. What year did your band, or artist form as a musical entity? (2)
6. Provide a general overview of your band / artist including their genre. (10)
7. What was/is (a) the most popular period for your band / artist? And (b) why? (4)
8. Provide career highlights and details of 2 charting singles, or albums. (8)
9. Provide an anecdote (i.e: not a commonly known fact) about your band / artist. (4)
10. In one to two sentences explain why you chose this band, or artist to research. (4)
Please note: To be published (earn a grade), I need at least 500 words for the content itself.
C. BIBLIOGRAPHY (5 points)
Create a bibliography for the online sources (including photograph) you used to compose your bio. The style of bibliography (MLA, APA, or Chicago) is up to you, but each citation must include the hyperlink to referenced page.