I need help with a Law question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Taylor Madison was recently elected to a position as county supervisor in Blackacre County. As part of his campaign, he assured the voters of Blackacre County that he would “remove the scourge of dangerous dogs from our safe community.” This campaign pledge was a response to an incident last year where a dog escaped an enclosure and seriously injured a little boy who had been throwing rocks at the dog. Though the breed of dog was undetermined, Mr. Madison found that villainizing pit bulls seemed to be popular with voters. Now that he has been elected, he found the other county supervisors are also in favor of banning dangerous breeds of dogs from Blackacre County, especially pit bulls.
Mr. Madison has asked you to do some research on other jurisdictions that have banned specific breeds of dogs. He wants to know if their efforts have been successful and how those bans have been received by those communities. He would also like you to find at least two examples of a model code that he can use as an example for his own breed specific legislation in Blackacre County. Be sure to consult primary legal authority for the model code examples, but secondary legal authority is acceptable for general research on breed specific legislation.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Length should be 2-3 pages, excluding cover page and references page.
- Double-spaced and in a 12-point font
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Appropriate citation style should be followed.