Help me study for my Writing class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
The master’s capstone thesis option must have a substantial research component, present
an original argument, use proper academic writing conventions, including carefully
documented primary and/or secondary sources, and should be at least 28 single space pages in length. This page count does NOT include the front and back matter (e.g., table of contents, lists of figures, illustrations and tables, acknowledgment and dedication pages, abstract, end notes
pages, bibliography, appendices, etc.).
The project should include the cover page, contents, and other formatting as per the manual. It should also include an abstract, introduction, literature review, findings/journal, and the end result of the project itself.
The following checklist may prove helpful!
- Must address at least one of our current program objectives
- Title Page exactly as in End of Program Capstone Manual but noting a Project instead of thesis
- University publication license/copyright page
- Dedication (optional)
- Acknowledgement (optional)
- Abstract with correct title heading
- Table of Contents
- Dot leaders
- Left justified
- Double spaced between entries
- Make sure to list Appendices after References
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- List of Acronyms/Abbreviations if applicable
- APA format if not otherwise indicated by the agency for which the project is being done
- The rest of the capstone project is flexible as far as format
- If there is not a required format by your agency then it should be a narrative with an intro, lit review, analysis, explanation then their project in the appendix (remember it still has to be the equivalent of the 28- single page thesis but you don’t have to go straight by page limit, particularly if much of your work is gathering data, etc. and the reporting does not take that many pages)
- If you have a format that the agency for which they are doing the project requires use that. For instance, if it is an Army white paper for leadership, it will be in the format required by that style manual which is not APA and different than ours. That is fine.If it is a grant submission that will be the bulk of the design but you will still need to cover the background aspects in a lit review, etc.
- The lit review may be more grounded in comparative analysis of “best practices” of other agencies, etc. An initial lead-in of scholarly sources is recommended but this is grounded in practice not theory.
- The idea is to make this project as practically applicable as possible.
- I am also going to be attaching the End of Program Manual for details instructions and guidance on the thesis project.