Dear students: Your PowerPoints differ slightly from papers (no title page, headers, Times New Roman font, etc.). However, you are required to follow certain rules:
- Citations and Sources are needed for any copied material, paraphrasing or images. Sources go on the last slide, citations go on the slide where the copied material, paraphrasing or images reside. Follow proper APA formatting rules (hanging indents, italicization, organization, etc.)
- Title slide with title of topic, your name and the name of the institution.
- Ensure the slides are full of content (images, text, etc.). A slide with one or two bulleted sentences will not do. In other words – no gaps in the slides!
- All slides must have titles or subtitles.
- Font size should be 18 minimum and 28 maximum so that your audience can see it from a distance and/or you do not make it too large.
- Use bulleted format not essay style.
- You provide the minimum # of slides.
- DO NOT provide a slide that only has a picture. If you use an image, keep it half the size of the slide leaving room for some text and a citation.
Unit III PowerPoint Presentation
Choose one major economic act enforced against the colonies by the British Crown prior to war, and cover the following:
-Describe the role, reason, and impact of the act on the colonies.
-Identify the arguments for/against the act by persons in the colonies.
-Identify major actions by the colonies in reaction to your selected act.
-How did this act increase or decrease fears of an overbearing central government?
-What was the nature of the colonial government under crown authority?
-Answer and defend your perspective on the following: “Was this particular act an inevitable catalyst for the eventual war?”
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
-must have a minimum of 12 slides, not including title or reference slides;
-may have a maximum six pictures total—focus needs to be on content;
-must include a title page identifying your chosen act;
-must include at least one selection from a CSU Online Library database, such as the American History and Life database, that is used as research of the event and views of the time; and
-must include citations throughout, and a reference slide at the end identifying any sources used per 6th edition APA format.
I HAVE ALSO ATTACHED 3 ARTICLES FROM THE SCHOOL ONLINE LIBRARY AS LISTED ABOVE. SO YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM ANY OF THE 3 ARTICLES YOU WOULD LIKE. I ATTACHED 3 TO GIVE YOU OPTIONS.