In your answers be sure to draw on the assigned material to show us that you’ve mastered it. If you quote from a source, be sure to use quotation marks and to cite what you borrow. (Give source, author, page number or website address – in a parenthetical citation). Keep all quotations brief — no longer than one short sentence. Use quotations to clinch your main claim. Your words are what matter most. Please do not plagiarize.
- What three features set Jacksonian America apart from the period of the first three or four presidents? Discuss each feature separately and show us your knowledge of the textbook.
- Who was Alexis de Tocqueville? Why is he mentioned in chapter 10? And why might a Frenchman be an ideal observer of the young American Republic of the 1830s?
- What was the ‘crisis’ in the Missouri Crisis? How was it resolved?
- What caused the U.S.-Mexico War (1846-48)? Discuss three significant consequences of the war for the U.S.
- What was the impact of U.S. cotton production both internationally and domestically in the period from 1800 to 1860? List three and discuss each impact separately.
- In the cotton kingdom of the South, what restrictions limited the freedom of African-American slaves? Discuss several. In what ways did slaves resist these limitations?
Textbook included :https://cnx.org/contents/a7ba2fb8-8925-4987-b182-5…