World History I
This week, through our readings and discussion, we have had the opportunity to study the rise of Greece and Rome and how they created, and reinforced, a uniquely western cultural system that stressed individualism. In addition, we have addressed the following course objectives:
- Explain the social, political, and economic factors that were involved in the development of early Western culture in complex societies.
- Express an understanding of the Western Culture that developed in Greece and Rome and resulted in the advance of the modern global civilizations.
In your reflection journal this week, in 150 words or more, reflect back on what you have learned so far through the course readings, assignment, quiz/exam, and in our discussion, and how that learning relates to the weekly course objectiives.
Consider the following questions to help guide your reflection:
- What, if anything, did you find surprising, particularly challenging, interesting, or useful?
- From what you know about this course so far, what connections can you make to previous learning experiences, and how do you think this course will help you as you move forward in your college and professional life?
- How do the course outcomes for this week apply to your experience so far?
- What questions do you still need answered?